The way you buy your commuter pass online has not changed, but how you access it and how it works does. Let us explain further…
Booking your Commuter Passes
South Station commuters will still purchase their commuter passes online and Logan commuters will still purchase their tickets in-person at C&J’s ticket counter. For Logan commuters our staff will reserve your first trip for you then you can access the remainder of you pass or change your tickets directly in your C&J Account.
So how does this work exactly? In your C&J account there is now a Commuter section. This is where your commuter passes are now stored and where you go to reserve your trips.
Follow our step-by-step guide for C&J commuters on how to reserve your reservation:
To reserve your seat. Follow these steps:
- Log into your C&J Account and navigate to the ‘Commuter’ tab
- Select the pass you wish to reserve seats for and select ‘Reserve’
- This will bring you to the ‘Book Reservation’ page
- It will show you how many rides you have available at the top along with the effective dates
- Select the departure location you wish to travel from.
- Select the departure date and select ‘Continue’
- You may select multiple dates to reserve trips for.
- It will only allow you to select dates that pass is valid for.
- Select the departure time
- If you have selected multiple dates it will show you the date you are choosing the. Time for at the top and ask you to select the time for each trip.
- Reservation Complete
- The system will tell you how many rides you booked and if you wish to book more.
- If you wish to book more rides, it will take you through this process again.
Once you have reserved your rides, the individual tickets will be accessed through the ‘My Reservations’ tab in your account.
Changing your Reservation
No problem, follow these steps in order to change your reserved seat. If you are a 10-ride pass holder, your tickets need to be changed or canceled prior to the trip’s departure time.
- Log into your C&J account and go to the ‘My Reservations’ tab in your account.
- Find the trip you wish to modify and select ‘Manage’
- Select the ‘Reschedule button’
- This will bring you back to the ‘Book Reservation’ page where you follow the steps as indicated above.
Ticketing Policy Updates
We’ve updated our ticketing policies as well, effective June 28th.
10-Ride South Station Passes are non-transferable and non-refundable. Valid for 60 days, these passes provide 10 one-way rides to the destination on the ticket. 10-Ride tickets can be rescheduled prior to departure using the commuter tab in your C&J account. Passes must be used prior to the expiration date on the ticket.
10-Ride Logan Airport Passes are non-transferable and non-refundable. Valid for 30 days, these passes provide 10 one-way rides to the destination on the ticket. 10-Ride tickets can be rescheduled prior to departure using the commuter tab in your C&J account. Passes must be used prior to the expiration date on the ticket.
Logan Airport Employee Tickets are non-transferable, non-refundable, and non-cancellable. These tickets may be rescheduled according to the same rules as described above. Passengers can reschedule their trips up to 24 hours after the time of departure and tickets may be used for the next 24 hours. If you do nothing to your reservation and you miss your originally scheduled coach, you may ride standby for any C&J coach within your destination points for the next calendar day. Please note standby
What happens on June 28th?
If you currently have a valid 10-pack or Logan Airline employee ticket, then you can continue to use your current ticket to ride standby on any bus you like while valid, just as you do now. Don’t worry, in the beginning as we transition into reservations, we will still have extra buses available during peak times just in case we need it. Our goal is to make this transition easy for all. Then when you’re ready to purchase your next pass or ticket you will have reserved seating.